Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
Blurb is looking for an experienced senior product manager to join the team responsible for the top of funnel positioning, conversion, and onboarding of customers on Blurb’s publishing platform.
In this role, you will drive customer success by developing onboarding and other key website experiences to guide customers to select the best product options for their goals. You will work with your product development team to effectively present and position Blurb’s products on the website, increase website traffic through SEO-informed content development strategies, and build customer-focused applications and experiences to convert traffic that arrives at Blurb’s website.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about creating great user experiences and collaborating with smart, motivated teammates in marketing, design, content production, and engineering to grow the business.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create and drive an efficient, company-goal-supporting product roadmap for the website experience at Blurb
- Develop strategy and goals for your product area and track key metrics of success. Manage your product backlog, and communicate to ensure key stakeholders are informed on prioritization and progress
- Identify and analyze new product opportunities and enhancements, staying abreast of market trends, consumer behavior, and the competitive landscape
- Lead post-launch optimization: conduct testing, manage incremental feature deployment, and triage issues that impact customer satisfaction or revenue growth
- Work in partnership with other product managers to identify and manage dependencies, and deliver projects that support the growth of the Blurb platform and eco-system
Other Job Functions:
- Other projects as assigned
Education: Master’s degree in human-computer interaction, user experience, cognitive science, psychology, anthropology, or a related field.
- Proven track record of delivering products that customers love and that drive value for the business required
- Direct experience managing high traffic B2B or B2C websites and delivering successful onboarding experience and applications required
- Hands on experience running analytics reports and the ability to develop and present recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data required.
- Previous work in social commerce, social networking, community building, international e-commerce, or marketplace e-commerce a plus
- Book industry experience a plus
- Creative, art or design background a plus
- Demonstrated mastery over all phases of the product lifecycle, including strategy development, opportunity assessment, discovery, implementation, post-launch optimization, and sunset
- Is a master of execution. Understands a vision and drives to make it happen. Strategic thinking while executing with great attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, success-driven team environment and confidence in working with strong, passionate personalities
- A high degree of analytical ability, critical judgment, and intellectual curiosity
- Must have a team-player mentality and excellent written and verbal communication skills
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
May be expected to work irregular hours on occasion
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.