Customer Support Representative (Multilingual)
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
As a multilingual Customer Support Representative, you will be responsible for supporting our French and English speaking customers via email. You will need to be able to write and speak fluently in French as well as English. Additional fluency in Spanish, German, Dutch, or Italian is a plus. You will represent the Blurb brand to our global customer base and support them by answering questions, solving problems and communicating feedback and requested features back to the company.
- Resolving inbound customer inquiries efficiently and successfully
- Monitoring and maintaining business SLA’s for response times
- Interfacing with product development, product design and operations to escalate and resolve issues
- Suggesting changes in Customer Support policies and internal workflows to create efficiency and improved results
- Other projects as assigned
Education/Certifications: Associate degree or higher preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, especially when explaining complicated issues
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Moderate technical abilities – comfortable working with and troubleshooting multiple desktop applications, file formats, and operating systems; ability to quickly learn customer support tracking/management system
- Moderate analytical skills – comfort with tools and processes involved in data-driven decision-making
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
- Personable, outgoing team player; Must work well independently and with a team
- Fluent in French.
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You interact effectively and harmoniously with other people
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You take initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, self-driven, ambitious and flexible
- Knowledge of the book printing process, shipping/logistics, publishing/distribution a plus
- Experience with design/photography a plus
- Fluency in Spanish, German, Dutch, or Italian a plus.
- And last but not least, you radiate a positive attitude and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
Performance Measures (This is how your success will be measured):
- Achieve strong customer ratings via customer feedback
- Support customers to ensure a positive experience with Blurb
- Achieve Business SLA’s for response times
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer feedback with supported data
Supervisory Responsibility N/A
May be expected to work irregular hours on occasion
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA options)
- Parental Leave Benefit
- Employer-Paid Life insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation and Parking expenses
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Time Off Per Year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Birthday Off
- Catered Lunch on Wednesdays
- Office massage
- $300 credit A Year to Create Your Own Books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.