Yap's Outer Islands
A Diving Guide to Micronesia's Hidden Gems
de TIM ROCK
Ebook, formato iPad de Apple
Acerca del libro
The eastern Caroline Islands are found in Micronesia, north of the equator in the western Pacific Ocean. They stretch across a large expanse of water encompassing two states, Yap and Chuuk, in the Federated Sates of Micronesia. But their landmass is minimal. And the people, numbering perhaps no more than three-thousand, have learned to live from and with the sea. Development is minor here. E-mail hasn't reached these isles yet.
These islanders, called Carolinians, are mostly settled on Pacific atolls. These are the remnants of volcanoes that have sunk into the sea over hundreds of thousands of years. The remnants of the top cone of the volcano have become enforced with fringing barrier coral reefs. The islands are studded with coconut palms.
This is the first published diving guide to the untouched reefs of this special place. See war remnants, deep dropoffs and coral gardens. From Ngulu to Satawal, take this guided look at some of the most untouched diving in the world.
80 full color pages with maps and dive site secriptions.
Características y detalles
- Categoría Viajes
Apaisado estándar, 25×20 cm
- Tapa dura, sobrecubierta: 9781457984372
- Tapa blanda: 9781457984365
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457984389
- Fecha de publicación mar. 25, 2009
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas Outer Islands, Satawal Island, West Fayu Atoll, Lamotrek Atoll, Ifalik Atoll, Eauripik Atoll, Woleai Atoll, Fais Island, Sorol Islands, Turtle Islands, Ulithi Atoll, Ngulu Atoll, outer islands, Yap. Micronesia, stone money, manta ray, tropical fish, Pacific Ocean, South Pacific, silvertips, photography, underwater, coral, culture, reefs, FSM, Yapese, dance, manta, dolphin, shark, sharks, mantas, jungle, island, islands, beauty, fish, Pacific, sea, ocean, kayak, mangrove, dances, tradition, model, beach, sunset