People, Land and Sea
de TIM ROCK
Acerca del libro
The islands of Micronesia stretch across the northern Pacific Ocean starting in the east with the Marshalls and stretching to the southwestern islands of the Republic of Palau. In between, the nations and states that are found here are mostly water with some gemlike isles that a diverse population of people call home.
Each has its own customs, history, traditions and languages. Each has a special geology above and below the ocean's surface. Some islands, like Guam, are well-developed and see upwards of a million tourists ever year. Others, like tiny Ngulu, have a population you can count on one hand and may see a but a few visitors reach its shores.
I have lived and worked in Micronesia for more than two decades and have been blessed to visit each of the islands in Micronesia and many of the individual islands within these countries and states. The warmth of the people and the charm and natural beauty sets Micronesia apart.
Enjoy this look above and below the sea from my home of Micronesia.
Características y detalles
- Categoría Viajes
Apaisado estándar, 25×20 cm
- Tapa dura, sobrecubierta: 9781457984976
- Tapa blanda: 9781457984969
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457984983
- Fecha de publicación ene. 19, 2009
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas Tumon Bay, underwater photography, latte stone, Mariana Islands, western Pacific, Tim Rock, spinner dolphins, South Pacific, Pacific Ocean, tropical fish, manta ray, stone money, Yap. Micronesia, manta rays, Republic of Palau, Rock Islands, marine lake, soft corals, sport diving, World War Two, Marshall Islands, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, eagle rays, Songsong Village, Truk Lagoon, SNUBA, sand, model, beach, dance, Chamorros, tourists, harbor, underwater, travel, history, shipwrecks, WWII, latte, shipwreck, Chuuk, Chuukere, Kosraean, Pohnpeian, Chamorro, Marianas, Micronesia, Pacific, tropical, fishes, corals, reefs, dolphin, dolphins, diving, scuba, Ocean, Guam, sunset, tradition, dances, mangrove, kayak, ocean, sea, fish, beauty, islands, island, jungle, mantas, sharks, shark, manta, Yapese, FSM, culture, coral, photography, Travel, Palau, Islands, snorkeling, war, remnants, marine, jellyfish, nautilus, Nature, undersea, RMI, Jaluit, Majuro, Imiej, Kosrae, Pohnpei, Kolonia, Saipan, Finian, Rota, CNMI, Shoun, wreck, Truk, Weno, Tonoas