de TIM ROCK
Acerca del libro
Bimini is a tiny set of islets in the Bahamas just a short plane ride across a deep ocean channel from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, in the USA. Bimini is probably most famous as the angler's paradise that spawned immortal tales from writer Ernest Hemingway. But today the fishing has to share the spotlight with some spectacular marine encounters. Visitors can snorkel with Caribbean reef sharks, visit reefs layered in snapper schools and sea fans, explore shipwrecks old and new and play with friendly southern stingrays just like in Grand Cayman Island.
But best of all, they can snorkel with wild Atlantic spotted dolphins. This pod off of Bimini's shores has been called the most playful and curious group in the Atlantic and possibly worldwide. The encounters can be great fun and even Zen experiences for some. Bimini's normally clear waters make such encounters even better.
We joined Bimini native Captain Al Sweeting Jr. for exploration of all of Bimini's ocean attractions. We also looked around its quaint town and explored the stunning white sand beaches. The following pages show just some of our encounters.
- Tim Rock
Características y detalles
- Categoría Viajes
Apaisado estándar, 25×20 cm
- Tapa dura, sobrecubierta: 9781457984853
- Tapa blanda: 9781457984846
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457984860
- Fecha de publicación ene. 07, 2009
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas Lost City of Atlantis, Bimini Road, sea gull, white sand, North Bimini, South Bimini, reef coral reef, sea fan, bottlenose dolphin, sunken ship, dolphin swim, underwater photography. swim, clear water, blue water, Caribbean Reef Shark, southern stingray, spotted dolphin, Atlantis, Captain, Hemingway, bay, fishing, sand, fish, corals, bottlenose, ship, shipwreck, adventure, islands, island, band, Junkanoo, photography, snorkel, scuba, diving, snorkeling, sun, beach, shark, ray, stingray, Atlantic, Caribbean, Bahamas, Bimini, dolphins