The Philippines, 7x7
de TIM ROCK
Acerca del libro
New in a compact 7x7 format, this book holds 363 photos of the amazing islands, people and marine beauty of The Philippines.
The Philippine islands, some 7,000+ of them, are the gateway to the unique region of the western Pacific. This amazing country of islands, mountains, individual seas and biological diversity has been blessed with some of the amazing marine life the Earth has to offer. Considered part of the "Coral Triangle", the islands and reefs, deep trenches and submerged sea mountains all combine to give this country a smorgasbord of undersea beauty that divers of all ages and skill levels can enjoy.
The topside regions of the Philippines are also part of this package. Many different regions have cultures within cultures that have histories dating far back into the man's first residence in this country. Visiting the people, seeing their lifestyle, tasting their cuisines and learning about their beliefs is a real bonus to any diving holiday.
I have been to the Philippines many times over the last three decades and made a major tour to some of the tried and true dive sites and also visited some of the new and up-and-coming venues. The marine life and hospitality made the most recent trip and many in the past quite memorable. I want to share the experience. From the whale sharks of Donsol, to the open spaces of the Sulu Sea, from the untouched areas around north Palawan to the sea mounts off Malapascua and back to the tried and true resort hotspots like Anilao and Puerto Galera, this book offers you the best the Philippines has to offer. And the good news is that there is still more to see in The Philippines!!!
Enjoy this collaboration between my friend - model, diver and photographer Yoko Higashide - and myself as we travel to some of the hotspots and unique venues in the Philippines. There are 240 pages and 363 full color photos in this amazing book.
See you on a boat somewhere soon I hope!
Características y detalles
- Categoría Viajes
Cuadrado pequeño, 18×18 cm
- Tapa dura, sobrecubierta: 9781457984617
- Tapa blanda: 9781457984600
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457984624
- Fecha de publicación abr. 19, 2011
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas soft cover, Pacific Ocean, tropical fish, muck diving, coral reefs, Puerto Galera, resort hotspots, sea mounts, Sulu Sea, whale sharks, islands, Pacific, Ocean, underwater, macro, tropical, invertebrates, Puetro, Galera, Dumaguette, Club, Paradise, Coron, Dimakya, Island, fruit, bats, sea, marine, turtles, whale, shark, 7x7, fish, nudibranchs, sharks, serene, special, Indo-Pacific, ocean, Manila, RPI, PI, scuba, Tubbataha, butanding, Anilao, Malapascua, Palawan, Donsol, diving, Philippines