Acerca del libro
This book sums up my 6-year love affair with the medium-format Holga camera. I was given it by the Lomographic Society International back in 2003 and have never let go of it since. We have been everywhere together: from Russia to South Africa, from Valencia to Lechlade-on-Thames. It is a square format miracle, colorful and full of life. You can enjoy this book yourself or give it to that someone special in your life. It’s truly inspirational! It can teach you that you don't necessarily need an expensive digital camera to make beautiful photographs. Made to be perused and enjoyed!
Características y detalles
- Categoría Fotografía artística
Cuadrado pequeño, 18×18 cm
- Tapa blanda: 9781457982446
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457982453
- Fecha de publicación jun. 21, 2010
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas portraits, landscapes, colors, beach, sea, summer, Sevastopol, seagull, dogs, Haqstings, London, Valencia, Lisbon, Sintra, Spain, Portugal, UK, Ukraine, Russia, people, travel, 120, Lomography, Holga, black and white, cross process, St Petersburg, South Africa, sight seeing, medium format
Julija Svetlova is a prolific freelance photographer based in London. Her love of photography began when she started experimenting with analogue cameras as a teenager in St Petersburg. In 2003 she joined the Hermitage Museum's photographic laboratory before moving to London to study Digital Lens-based Image Making at London College of Communication under the direction of Graham Diprose. While still studying, she ran a series of Lomography Workshops for the Photographer’s Gallery and Arts Council's Paralympic Project in London schools. Following this she became an associate lecturer at London College of Communication. Her work has been exhibited and published internationally. In 2011 she became a runner-up in the prestigious Fitzrovia Photography prize. In 2012 she contributed to Photography: The New Basics published by Thames & Hudson. Julija is currently working on commercial and personal projects using both digital and film mediums.