de Dashuki Mohd Azhar Adnan
Acerca del libro
Mabul is an island off the south-eastern coast of Sabah, Malaysia. It became popular due to its proximity to Sipadan island, which is only about half an hour away by boat. Mabul has a lot to offer. Apart from being the base for divers who are going to Sipadan, it is also becoming a favorite diving spot. Its shallow water serves as perfect starting point for beginners while the variety of marine creatures provide divers with abundant opportunity for underwater macro photography. Among the fascinating creatures are blue ringed octopus, sea turtles, nudibranch and leaf fish.
Apart for the underwater world, the island itself offers breathtaking landscape with white sandy beach and crystal clear water that make it a prefect place to relax and unwind. The other treasure of Mabul is its people. They are often referred to as "Bajau Laut" or Sea Gypsies, particularly due to their nomadic lifestyle. While most of them are Malaysian citizens, many are immigrants from the neighbouring Philippines.
Características y detalles
- Categoría Viajes
Apaisado estándar, 25×20 cm
- Tapa dura, sobrecubierta: 9781457981210
- Tapa blanda: 9781457981203
- Tapa dura impresa: 9781457981227
- Fecha de publicación abr. 04, 2010
- Idioma English
- Etiquetas leaf fish blue-ringed octopus, lion fish, green turtle, bajau laut, mabul, sipadan, kapalai, seascape, nudibranch, coral, macro, underwater, diving, scuba, landscape, island, sea, beach, malaysia, borneo, sabah, semporna, tawau, photography, travel
Dashuki is an amateur photographer who is deeply passionate about landscape, nature, and travel photography. Over the years he had travelled to various destinations in Malaysia and other countries to capture memorable moments from diverse races, cultures, and beliefs. His work had been featured in nonprofit magazines and websites including in National Geographic, where his work was selected as a Photo of the Day, February 4 2009.